On Healing the "true"/"false" nature split

     I want to suggest to those who have gone deeply/dissolved into a so-called "prior," transcendent-only immateriality, or "absolute" "pure" Beingness, and taken that as (their) "true nature," with everything else being "false" or less real... that this split leads to a partial experience of reality, while convincing us of an absolute wholeness. That it keeps us from a beholding all of what that primal Beingness is, now. And I want to support people who would like to end this true nature/false nature split inside and outside of them that either/or nonduality inevitably creates. Who no longer want to experience a palpable split between a "true self" (good, correct, or better self) and a "false self" (bad, wrong, or lesser self) that are fundamentally at odds with one another. In my life, I could only do this by healing a hidden fundamentally dualistic rift that either/or non-dual perception carved between seemingly incompatible opposites like spirit and matter, universal and personal, oneness and separateness, the transcendent and the immanent, Being and becoming, etc. The "non-separation" discovered in this process, has been the inherent unity of all opposites, and their mutual inclusivity, and a seeing-through of the rigidly dualistic divide and conquer illusion of mutually exclusive opposites that Advaitic-style non-dual teachings surreptitiously led me to solidify.

     A ubiquitous feature of Either/or Eastern non-dual paradigms will always be the creation of a divide in our experience, whether one realizes it, or experiences that as a positive thing or not. With this divide intact, we experience and believe that we have a true self/true nature, and then all of these parts of our experience and what we can perceive that are excluded from it.  Excluded because their nature is deemed "false" and they obscure what is really real and true, therefore being fundamentally in the way to some extent.  I've eventually chosen another view, wherein every aspect of myself that I once considered a mere illusory, or "false" construct,  is a real facet of what I, my personal self, is, and the greater whole of reality that I am both a part of and an expression of. I choose to perceive the changeless, formless, "primordial" X I once understood to be completely, beyond the material dimension (severed off from the psyche, the personal, etc.) as having gone through a real process of becoming. Becoming more of itself, actualizing it's inherent potential to become all phenomena that exists today, including the temporary, the tangible and intangible. Surprisingly, I find I'm better able to befriend my suffering when even the transcendent-only "THAT," from either/or nonduality's "I AM THAT" is immanent in and as suffering too.  It seems I can more easily feel compassion for dis-ease in my human condition, when my personal, human nature is a real quality of Being's nature. THAT HAS BECOME THIS.   "I AM THAT"    I AM THAT AS THIS.

    From this perspective, there is nothing I can point to as other than "spirit" or "Beingness" itself, nothing that lies outside of an imagined transcendent-only "Ultimate Reality." Nothing I can perceive is "un-natural" in the sense of having a "false nature," or superfluous to the "deepest" most "foundational" level of reality.  While I can still want to be rid of the things I don't like, I can no longer do it, with integrity, by telling myself  these things that involve suffering are false in contrast to a "true" or "real" that is simply beyond it.  So, choosing to heal the whiplashing schism between a purely immaterial "true" nature of reality, and immanent "false" nature,  I must choose another way to address/relate to my suffering. It starts with the transformation of unwanted aspects of my humanity that I could once swiftly dissolve into a seemingly "pristine," "unstained" immaterial purity beyond/below/before despair and agony, into irreducible, imperfect features of what that seemingly "prior," is manifesting as now. When seeing in this  light, my initial reaction to suffering is a desire to honor, cradle and dignify it, not obliterate, or disintegrate and dissolve it "back into" a "prior" dimension or stratum of reality it doesn't (yet) exist in/on. The more I choose this, the more I heal the once nagging, gnawing dualistic split between "true" and "false" nature, and all dimensions of reality, seen and unseen, immaterial and fleshly, beyond and within,  feel increasingly unified and indivisible. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritualizing Trauma Responses - Rupert Spira - Total Dis-embodiment

Dangerous Side of De-Activating the Default Mode Network

The Universe's Past: A Portal to Presence!

Non-dualism Cult Dynamics - The "Sleepers Awake!" Belief System